THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, April 30, 2010

Where I run

Here I sit in Marc's apartment with nothing but my stories prompting me to make another keystroke.
I don't have a 5 year plan, I don't have a 401k, and I don't have my dreamjob.

But the long and the short of it sounds something like this: I don't need them.

What I do have is far more valuable to me than any of those would-be essentials: I have a belief in the potential for anything.
Sure, I now live in the city known for housing some of the most unhappy, unfulfilled, and never-quite-good-enough people in the world and yet I can't help but chuckle to myself as I realize that I have it within me to decide all on my own never to be one of them.

And I have decided, flat out, that I will not only shy away from those lacklove outlooks, but I will break into a dead run in the opposite direction.

Wherever I end up, out of breath, covered in perspiration, at least I know I'll be all the further from gray malaise that is an unhopeful life.

0 comments: