THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

In Gratitude of Friendship

I've come to a rather beautiful point in life where I have allowed myself sincere happiness. It began with submission to the state in which I found myself, proceeded through a period of reassessment and revision, and now I am embracing the present in fullness. The excelsior in which I currently find security and buffering is composed of those with whom I've found kinship over the months and years: my friends. People are a constant aspect of life in some form: coworkers, neighbors, those in front of and behind me in the grocery check out line. All meshing together into a roiling, faceless mass. And from this chaotic myriad rise the few who choose you as you simultaneously choose them; those spirits of a familiar sort. You bond in a common will to keep one another from drowning and at the same time hope to teach one another to fly. These are the ones who make life worth living. These are the ones we soon call family. I am blessed. And now I sleep.

0 comments: