THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, May 17, 2012

When I first moved here it felt as though everything was going to change for the better. But as is so often the truism of life: wherever you go, your trouble will follow...until you turn and face it.


Two and a half years into this wild free for all that is life in New York I am aware of my growth, my new perspective, and of course the troubles that followed me from the home. That said, my growth has allowed me the wisdom to appreciate my perspective and my perspective has given me the wherewithal to face my troubles.

They're falling in front of me, one by one, victims to the newfound fearlessness built by their owner. 

---

Tuesday morning I rented a u-haul van and drove to Natalie's loft. She and I moved the last of her New York life into the back of my vehicle. I hugged her- might have cried a little- and then let her go prepare to fly away from this place. And now, as I sit on the bed she once owned, I realize that her fearlessness is like mine: it's let her take the chance to do something other people wouldn't dare to do.

But I still miss knowing she was so close by. It made my bravery less lonely.

---

Yesterday I had a second interview for a job in fashion pr. 
The interview went well.
I got the job.

---

Today I slept in a missed yoga. 
I will go tomorrow.

---

I need to write a short story.

0 comments: