THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, May 14, 2010

Maybe the maxims muddy the line

People say that believing hard enough can make anything happen.
I've always found such ambiguous maxims to be something of a false assurance. It's as if we're placating ourselves with the notion that saying something remotely spiritual disables the looming terror of defeat without so much as a thought given to the possibility of real consequences.

The key to success is a thing made up of many parts, belief being chief among them, to be sure. But what of planning? mindfulness? strategy? and the good old worst case scenario?

I remember getting angry with my father for being a naysayer because of his advising me to keep aware of these very facets. But the end of the line has come, the bell is clanging in a thankless rhythm, and I'm sure of only a very few things: I'm sure that I'm where I am supposed to be; I'm sure that I'm doing the best I can considering the circumstances; I'm sure I am loved.

Frankly, I wouldn't have it any other way.

0 comments: