THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Free Market System

In the process of preparing to leave I have embarked upon a mission to sell myself into simplicity.
I spent the better part of two nights ago photographing just about everything worth a dime in my apartment and the subsequent day posted all of said items on the local chapter of Craigslist in hopes of not only ridding myself of clutter but also procuring a little cash to assist in making my move something not resulting in total impecuniosity.

With the evacuation of each item of my once carefully constructed and composed living space I am allowed all that much more of a feeling of healthy disconnection.
The empty space where my Empire Red Kitchenaid Mixer once stood reminds me of the days I used to make scones by the dozens for Coffee Cottage in high school.
The now blank shelf in the coat closet once used as a berth for my sewing machine sets my mind adrift amidst the numerous projects and tailored shirts once cluttering my dorm room in Canada.
And the promissory purchase of my electric blue Peugeot sends me reeling back to that first Summer when riding a bike all over this city made me feel like I truly belonged here.

I never would have thought that selling my junk could be so nostalgic.

0 comments: