THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's happening, it's really, really happening.

This is the first time my worries have burrowed so deeply into the pit of my stomach that I feel like I swallowed a giant rock.

Having spent a really lovely morning with Lucie Berjoan et al., a splendid afternoon with Ben Bruce, and a nostalgic evening with Ryan and Sharrie (and Nehemiah, the crawlmaster 3000), I am finally back in my apartment and feeling more than a little spastic.
My core is all wound up and my limbs feel like itchy Jell-O. I can't seem to achieve any sort of relaxation much less focus.
I want to start sorting through my books.
I want to practice packing and make sure I have enough room for the necessities.
I want to go to Soul Night and enjoy an evening with my friends.

But I feel like a bird who just sipped too much champagne: it's only a matter of time before my innards inflate and explode leaving fizzy stains all over the walls and floor.

I keep trying to calm myself, to reassure myself that everything is working out incredibly well, to soothe the tension out of my bones.
Maybe I just need to stop.
To be silent.

I don't even want a cigarette even though that's supposed to be the immediate go-to of a stressed habitual smoker.

Deep breaths.
I need a lot of deep breaths.

0 comments: