THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, January 2, 2010

The to-do list

As one might imagine a coast-to-coast relocation requires a significant amount of preparation.
The number of pre-lift off imperative accomplishments seems a bit large at the moment but as my Motivational Psychology professor Lorilee Symes once told me,

"Making a list out of whatever seems too big to handle is like tracing one's journey on a map. The ability to cross item after item off is an encouraging and reassuring way of letting oneself know you'll eventually get to your destination even if it takes some time."

So here's the first part of my list:

1. Sort Clothing (Sell/Toss/Keep)

2. Take sorted clothing to Buffalo Exchange and Crossroads

3. Post bikes on Craigslist

4. Update resume for Personal Assistant Position

5. Submit portfolio photography for final edits

6. Plan going away party.


I am fully aware that there is quite a lot more to do than just these items listed above. However I think I'm going to take everything in stride at the moment so as not to let myself become overwhelmed.
Prioritizing is a talent I feel I need to condition anyway.

0 comments: