THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Nearing the sweetest cliff

It took me until today to completely realize just how relieved I am to be fast approaching my last days at Departure (and hopefully in food service altogether).

The unpredictable hours (not to mention wages), the asinine clientele, the maudlin remarks made by pathetically vapid nouveau riche: it all sickens me and consumes me at the same time. I feel as if the energy I have to contribute to the world is being wasted on a daily basis.

If I were to be allowed even the briefest vacation from my "real life job" I would see myself blossom in ways I couldn't even begin to fathom. I just know it.

And right now I sit on a bare mattress in a dirty t-shirt dead sober and entirely too wound up to sleep.
All because of my damn job.

I pray to whatever forces are at work in this muddy orbiter that I'll be afforded the opportunity to step out of the service industry entirely.

And meanwhile salvage what's left of my soul.
And hope.

0 comments: